CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yesterday was a hard day! Emma and all of us knew it was coming, but when the actual day comes...::sigh:: I've fostered many a kitten and a handful of adult kitties, but Zeblin was such a special kitty. He fit in so well and we fostered him for over 5 weeks! I don't like taking kittens up to PetsMart, but don't worry about them as much because I know they usually get adopted quickly. Zebby is 7 years old and most that are looking to adopt want kittens. Zebby did quite well in the carrier and on the ride over. It's almost as if he had heard me and knew where he was going.
So here we are at PetsMart. I hate leaving Zeblin here, because I know how he didn't like it before and it will be stressful for him. He will be all alone in a metal cage, wishing he was home w/Emma and us! Okay, let me stop! I know this is the routine and it is necessary in order for Zeblin to find a furrever home. I try not to think about how he must feel, but it's hard not to!
This is the cat room at PetsMart. Small, but glassed in with a locked door. The door is left open during store hours so would be adopters can visit the kitties. ART volunteers come and clean, feed and play with all the kitties daily. The kitties waiting for homes here are let out to play in the room while it is cleaned. So, at least they get some free time to stretch and play with each other.
Here is Zebby in his little metal hotel. He seemed to be okay as you can see he immediately had a bite to eat. The boys and I said our good-byes and gave him kisses before closing the door to the cage. He knew we were leaving him there and went to lay in his litter box. Deborah called me later to tell me she moved it forward to the door of the cage so he could lay behind it instead of in it. I know he'll be fine and we'll visit him until he is adopted. I pray he is adopted quickly so he doesn't have to stay there long and so he doesn't have to come back into foster care again. He will come back here to be fostered for awhile if not adopted after about 3 weeks.
Zebby, you are a special kitty and Emma and your foster family will miss you dearly! But, you will find your furrever home! Your are an awesome cat and whoever adopts you will be the lucky ones!

Zebby, you have left paw prints on my heart! Love ya!

14 comments:

Carolina Cats said...

Thank you for taking such good care of Zebby and making it easy for him to find his furever home. Now that he knows how nise beans can be, he will pick out his furry own fambly and go home with them reel kwik!

Good luck Zebby!!!

Finny & Buddy

danielle said...

I know this is what has to be done but I am cying knowing he is not going to be where he was. I feel like it is losing one of my own. I hope all the best for him.

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Kat, wow, we just talked about this day. Like Danielle, I'm crying too. I knew just how special he IS too you. I'm sorry that he didn't find his furrever home on the ART web site but at least being visible now, someone will fall in love with him. Boy, I don't even know what to say. You know how I felt and I know how you felt. It's going to work out!!! We'll chat later Sis.
Love, Kim

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Kat

I started to cry...this is a sad and yet happy cry. Hopin for the best for Zebby...

*ABBY

Unknown said...

How difficult it must be for all of you but thanks for giving Zebby a chance at a forever home. Purrs and Prayers to him and extra headbutts to whereever his home is to be ... to motivate those beans to get their butts to PetsMart!

Anonymous said...

our Lady's eyes are leakin so somebuddy better get ta that store an 'dopt him real quick!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Please let us know when he gets adopted so we will not be so sad for him in his cage anymore.

Zeus said...

Best of luck, Zebby, in getting adopted! We know that you will capture someone's heart and be out of the cage in no time!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Well, Zebby, I'm wishing you the best in finding a new home. Will miss seeing you in Kat's cat photos, you fit in so well. Kat's place just won't be the same without you.
Just remember the cage in the Petsmart is only for a few weeks, until some loving human finds you. You may not know it now, but you will soon be in another nice home with kids and hopefully, more cats.

Ayla said...

He sounds like a special kitty but if the Mom brings home one more Brat I may have to poop on her head. Don't worry, though. He'll find a good home.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I don't know wether this is a sad or a happy post. It made me kind of sad that Zebby has to wate in a caje at Petsmart for sumwun to find him and take him home. He looks very much like my good innernet frend, Shabby Cat. I wish he cood liv with me, but the Food Lady won't even let me have a tiney kitten. Good luck, Zebby!

Anonymous said...

now that my keyboard is all wet with tears, let me try to type something here....

awwww....Zebby is so special and beautiful and i can tell you are having a hard time leaving him there. i know i could never do it, that's why i have eleven cats! you must be very strong to be able to foster cats and i'm glad there are people that can do it because i know i'm unfortunately not one of them. i'm praying for Zeb and all the other kitties to find a furrever home quickly. bless you and bless them all...

Victor Tabbycat said...

Zebby's speshul an people visitin him at PetSmart will see that. Mom always stops to greet the doption kitties there. Sum ignore her, sum talk to her, an sum nibble her fingers. He'll be ok, an you've helped him lots already.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »