CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 08, 2007

...bye sweet Abby


Well, Abby went on her way to PetsMart this morning. I miss her already! It is definitely harder to see the adult fosters go. She was so upset and frantic in the carrier, which I had to shove her in to get her in there. I hated doing it, but it was the only way to get her in! I know this is in her best interest and we can't keep every foster that comes thru, but it totally sucks sending them off and they not knowing what in the world is going on! [sigh] I so want to already go up and visit her and tell her it'll be ok, but I think for now it would make it harder. I know she'll be just fine and hopefully she'll make friends with another foster up there until she is adopted. Please pray for a speedy adoption process for her as she'll make whoever adopts her very happy! Ok, I'm very emotional today and must stop here before my keyboard shorts out, lol! Sorry if this is a sad post! Just needed to say a final good-bye to her. Hopefully, for her sake, this will be our final good-bye and she won't come back because she was adopted into her furrever home, right!?! Right! Love you Abby.

11 comments:

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

She is a beauty, and just seems so sweet, see how you will miss her. Something about her is just special. We'll put her on the Prayer List (if you haven't already...) and pray for her to find a wonderful forever home like Zebby and Dante both found.

Anonymous said...

It takes a special heart to be able to do what you do. It makes me very sad just to think about Abby. She must be so confused. But I am sure she will find a great home.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Abby is such a beautiful girl. I'll be praying, too, that she will find a forever home. I hope you are feeling a little bit better now. It's so rewarding what you do, but so awfully sad, too. The poor kitties don't understand what is going on, and I know it just breaks your heart. But, we'll have positive thoughts that she'll get a good forever home just like Zebby and Dante did.
Barbie-Lou

Anonymous said...

Oh, we hope she finds a great forever home very soon.
I don't know how you do it! It was very difficult for me to give up LT, even though I know he went to a great home. And you have to giveup your fosters all the time. I would not be able to do that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is such a very beautiful kitty, I am sure she will find a good home very soon! My Mommie also helps at a no-kill cat shelter, and we had a foster cat a couple of months ago. It was very hard for her to let go of that kitty, but as you say, you can't keep them all or you won't be able to keep doing your great work! We are purring and purring for Abby to find a forever home right away.

Anonymous said...

Abby has such purrsonality and is so outgoing, I's sure she'll dopt sumone quick. Still, I's sorry to see her leaf yur home cuz she fit in so well. Hug Emma an Marley an Benji.

Anonymous said...

abby is so special. she seems to have a magnetic purrsonality. someone will be "attracted" to her soon. someone will be very fortunate to have abby pick him/her. your tears will turn to tears of joy when this happens.

Anonymous said...

we sure do hope someone adopts the pretty girl right away! our Lady's got 2 special furrends at PetSmart that she keeps wishing she could bring home forever.

Anonymous said...

I think that Abby will find a furrever home soon!
She will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Not The Mama
and the gang from Purrchance To Dream

Anonymous said...

You are a saint to be a foster! DKM totally knows what you are feeling. She cried for days after Carmen and the boys went to new homes. Even now, with the boys being two houses away, she still cries after visiting them. I tell her its all part of ‘the change’ - then she locks me in the bathroom…

Anonymous said...

Cyber hug Kat, all for you. She's going to do great! God bless you for the wonderful work you so selflessly do for his creatures.